Beginning on 1 September 2013 the department office runs Escorting Program for Troubled Students. The targets are:
- Students with GPA 2.5 downward
- Students taking undergraduate thesis more than 2 semesters
The procedure of escorting is as follows:
1.1. Semester 0
- department board summons students for interview and counseling in early.
- interview is to identify the causes of academic performance problems.
- counseling is to give solution for the problems.
- students list is sent to academic consultant and undergraduate thesis consultant.
2.2. Semester +1
a. if there is no progress in the GPA or even a decrease, and undergraduate thesis is not yet completed, department board will send official letter to students’ parents.
3.3. Semester +2
a. if there is no progress in the GPA or even a decrease, and undergraduate thesis is not yet completed, department board will officially summon students’ parents.